Home made Waffle
Waffles are often cited as a breakfast or a brunch staple that is quite popular among the kids and as well as the adults. We are certain that this recipe will provide you with a perfect means of spending a lazy weekend morning. Waffles commonly possess the honeycomb surface that is quite unique in nature. This recipe makes crisp and fluffy waffles that will undoubtedly make you want to try this again. It is easy to make them and these waffles will turn out to be crispy and delicious. People eat waffles either for breakfast or they are also used as a dessert or even a light supper. These are being made in various sizes and shapes. Waffles can be served with different toppings like maple syrup, chocolate sauce, fruit sauces, jam, fresh fruits and whip cream.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbspbaking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (flour, sugar, salt and baking powder).
- Whisk the wet ingredients together. (Buttermilk, eggs. Vanilla extract and butter).
- Combine all ingredients and stir well. Whisk till the streaks of flour disappear.
- You may set the batter aside for about 12 minutes.
- Cook the waffles in the preheated waffle iron. You can use around ½ cup of batter for a waffle. Note – this amount depends on the size of your waffle maker.
- You can transfer the cooked waffles to a heat proof container or a warm oven so that you can keep them crisp and fresh.
- You may serve the warm waffles with maple syrup / chocolate syrup/ fresh berries / whip cream
by Mekhala Egodawele
Photo source : Internet